Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

forum:data:2023:cpes_ligand_field [2023/09/05 15:21] – Created from the form at forum:start Francesco Borgattiforum:data:2023:cpes_ligand_field [2023/09/05 16:52] (current) Maurits W. Haverkort
Line 9: Line 9:
 I kindly ask for indications on setting up core-level photoemission calculations. In the example file about 2p core-level photoemission from NiO including ligand field effects, the energy balance for the final states is reported as :  I kindly ask for indications on setting up core-level photoemission calculations. In the example file about 2p core-level photoemission from NiO including ligand field effects, the energy balance for the final states is reported as : 

+<code>
 -- The 2p^5 L^10 d^n+1 configuration has an energy 0 -- The 2p^5 L^10 d^n+1 configuration has an energy 0
 -- The 2p^5 L^9  d^n+2 configuration has an energy Delta + Udd - Upd -- The 2p^5 L^9  d^n+2 configuration has an energy Delta + Udd - Upd
Line 17: Line 18:
 -- 5 ep +  9 eL + (n+2) ed + (n+2)(n+1) Udd/2 + 5 (n+2) Upd == Delta+Udd-Upd -- 5 ep +  9 eL + (n+2) ed + (n+2)(n+1) Udd/2 + 5 (n+2) Upd == Delta+Udd-Upd
 -- 5 ep +  8 eL + (n+3) ed + (n+3)(n+2) Udd/2 + 5 (n+3) Upd == 2*Delta+3*Udd-2*Upd -- 5 ep +  8 eL + (n+3) ed + (n+3)(n+2) Udd/2 + 5 (n+3) Upd == 2*Delta+3*Udd-2*Upd
 +</code>

-My question: is this treatment correct for cPES or, since the 2p electron is photoemitted rather than promoted in the d states as for XAS, I have to reduce the final state occupation of the d states by one electron (e.g. 2p^5 L^10 d^n, 2p^5 L^9 d^n+1, etc...)? +My question: is this treatment correct for cPES or, since the $2pelectron is photoemitted rather than promoted in the $dstates as for XAS, I have to reduce the final state occupation of the $dstates by one electron (e.g. $2p^5 L^{10d^n$$2p^5 L^9 d^{n+1}$, etc...)? 

Thanks a lot in advance. Thanks a lot in advance.
Print/export